25.5.08

Fitness for Everybody and Every Body!

2007, Fitness day 2
10am sharp, Saturday morning, I was putting my stuff inside the Fitness 1st locker, then after I locked the door, I went out to the work out area. It was my second day joining the fitness team, and never imagine that the club could be that packed on weekends. Teenagers, youngster, aunties, uncles , the overweight, the underweight and even few senior citizens were there. Some were running in the treadmill, sweating, some were joining the group exercise club and some were using other various fitness machine working out.
They are annoying!
Treadmill. That was the first thing I meant to do to begin my day. I walked and try to find the treadmill available. But all of them are occupied. Too bad! Didn't wanna waste my times, I do others exercise. While I was doing the exercise, I look around and found out some people there are skinny and they don't even has any FAT on their body!God! But they still running hard in the treadmill or riding the bicycle or doing push up and sit up. At that moment, I just think that they are annoying! They don't even need to work out, as they have perfect body but they are here just annoyed others who really need exercise (including me), as "we" cant use the machines because they were occupied by them. I dislike them, but I envy them for having such a body that I always dreamed of.
I am Wrong
The, I told Mr.Lim about what i think. And the response that he gave me awakes me and what he said was really true. He said that my way of thinking is really WRONG! Fitness/Exercises is not only for people who meant to lose weight. "How about me?" he said, "I am here not lose weight, but to gain weight", "plus, people need to work out not only when they want to gain/lose weight, but also to MAINTAIN their weight"
AHA! that's really true! I can't believe that my thought is too simple! We did exercise routinely when were in schools no matter we need it or not, but it just because its healthy!
Sad
Trust me,when people say you are fat, you'll get hurt. No matter you are skinny or overweight,youl'll get hurt when somebody says that to you. Seems that the word "F-A-T" is a nightmare for every single woman, especially in Asia. I was perfectly good with my weight before I was 12. Not sure with the reason, I put on so much weight after 12. It was quite late when I realize and define myslef as an overweight, becz it's a hard way to lose weight when you have too much fat on your body. I was depressed and feel pathetic of myself every time I look myslf in the mirror. Fat belly, big arms and I really look unbalanced. Because even though my leg and hips small, my upper parts looks bigger. It was really sad. Everyday I just think on how to lose weight and try lo decrease my eating habit. But I realized that, the more I think of dieting, the more I put on weight, and it just horrible!
Phat Girlz:It's not WRONG to be FAT
Then, the movie "Phat Girlz" motivated me. Trust me! for those people ho never watch this movie, you should watch it! It just awesome! The movie brings out the story of a phat girl, monique, who dreamed to be a designer and design clothes for big size woman. The most thing i like is when she made a statement of "When people says we are fat, its not our problem being that, because is they, who got a problem with our weight". Really! that is a very unique and shocking statement that I ever heard. And it's damn true! Think about this: when people say others fat, its because they set a mind of what is fat and what is skinny. So, they had a problem with the weight. Whereas actually big size people not always be unacceptable. Like in African country, body size reflect the social status of a person. The bigger the size, the richer she is/ he is. I love this movie; it just lets you know that you can "love the skin you're in" and not be ashamed of who you are. And it is a kind of inspiration movie for people to be confidence with who they are and work hard to achieve our own dreams.
It's not WRONG to be FAT, but it is UNHEALTHY
OK! so it is not wrong to has a big size, but it is really unhealthy as it caused many diseases. To lose weight, I've tried few pills that said could make u skinny, but all of them were just rubbish, it's only make you skinny for awhile and then doubled up your weight. And the worse part is that you lose weight not because you lose the fat, but they pills make you lose the water in your body. 1st day joining the FF, they check my body, and found out that actually I only got 30% of water in my body, whereas actually we need 60-70% of water in our body!
Therefore, after consult by the FF fitness trainer, I change my mind and my habit of living. Still not 100% healthy lifestyle, but I'm still working and continue to improving on it. And I loss some weight for sure. And the best way to do lose weight is do exercises, eat a balanced meal, and drink enough water. And never risk yourself of taking any diet pills! And recently YOGA is being intro of the new way of lose weight!
Phat Girlz,soundtrack:My African Queen
here is the short clip of the movie, nit the trailer, cz i cnt found it.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com